Friday, January 16, 2009

Whoa!

As I sat at my desk, wondering how long its been since the Makarena destroyed society's collective mental capacity - I couldn't help but think that it's been a whole week since my last post.

The other night - against all reason - I told Jodie to go check out Kohl's "sweet 90% off sales" because a friend at work had raved so much about it. On a normal day I can't stand 'that store' but this was no normal day. Who passes up a 90% off sale anyway? So, I sent her off on this witch hunt of a shopping trip, only to get a phone call 15 minutes later informing me that there was only 'granny' stuff left. (Chalk it up Kohls! Keep proving my theory! Anyway...) So, in a ditch effort to salvage a poorly thought out shopping trip, I told Jodie to stop by WalMart and pick up a few sundries :-)

She TOTALLY scored! You see, when a store has a sale for 10 cents a pound on bananas - you pony up and buy as many as your ego will let you. Why? Because there's freezers, baby!






26 Pounds - Read em and weep. We're havin' shakes for weeks!

7 comments:

Jas and Kim said...

That is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

Shakes? What about banana splits?

Jenn said...

That is great. I guess I won't be going to Kohls 90% off sale. You had me all excited! I might go stock up on bannanas though! Good job, Jodie!!!

Carrie said...

I didn't know you could freeze bananas. Craaazy.

Reba said...

Mike you so make me laugh! Wish my blog was half as entertaining... and way to go Jo!

Melbell said...

You can bring any leftover banana bread as well to the office - ya know it WON'T go to waste!!! Great find!

Doug - The JeepCruzer said...

Wait a minute! I've read this before but did not catch that slight at the staple of my business "The Macarena." God bless Los Del Rio - without them, dancers would be forced to dance in unison to such songs as "The Bunny Hop" and "The Electric Slide." Wash your mouth out with soap! (or your hands. and probably your keyboard too.)