Monday, March 16, 2009

Home Home Home

Over the last week I've conjured up at least a million different topics I could write about - well, almost a million. More like 15 or 20 - but when you're in the teens, you might as well be in the millions. I learned that in elementary school. So, judging by that logic, I'm a quadrazillionaire!

Jodie and I just got back from a much needed, and highly anticipated romp in the cavernous jungles of southern California - aka, Disneyland! It was AWEsome. Couldn't have been better. Well, maybe if the park was open just for us and we were chauffeured from ride to ride and given free slushies - but I digress. The funny thing about our trip is that it almost didn't happen. We AAAAAlllmost chickened out. Almost. You see, Jodie and I ain't the most spontaneous filanderin branches on the tree. No blowin around with the wind for us. We like things nice and thought out - nice and comfy - nice and, well, with our kids.

You see, we decided that we're plain addicted to our kiddies. We actually went through the stages of withdrawal: the denial, the sadness, the embracing, the shakes, the wall, etc... It wasn't because they weren't in good hands. They were in the best care possible - Grandma T and Grandma Y. Doesn't get any better than THAT! Naturally, they had a blast - aside from the occasional (or so I'm told) spout of missing their mommy. I never did get told of any bouts of them missing their daddy, but I'm sure that was in there somewhere - right?

Well, as it always does, the time came for us to go home. It was the first time I've been excited to fly home from a vacation. It was almost like coming home from a mission - minus the banners and screaming and the expectation of not talking about the last 2 years of your life (because thats just SO not cool - can't you talk about your life from 0-19?). I almost got a little verklempt walkin out of the terminal. Good stuff.

Then we got home, woke up the next day, and wondered why on earth we ever missed em. Juuuuuust Kidding. Well, sorta. All in all, I'd have to say that I'm all for doing it again. We'll probably wait for a long long long long long time (or as Kalli would say "dad, that's 5 longs in the future") before we do it again - but we'll do it again. Next time, Singapore.


5 comments:

Melbell said...

Welcome back! So glad you guys had a nice time - YOU deserved it!

Unknown said...

I think most parents feel the same way. Ask Jodie to tell you about my honeymoon. But where are the pictures?

Jenn said...

I agree- we had a hard time. I told Jodie, it is amazing we (Joe and I) had anything to talk about before we had kids. When we left them, all we talked about was the cute things they did. This was funny- I could relate!!

Mike said...

OK - here's a couple pics I had on me. :-)

Doug - The JeepCruzer said...

Singapore?! Do they have a Disneyland in Singapore? I don't think so - best rethink that one my friend.