Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, to ME!

Well, I swear I wasn't going to blog about my own birthday - besides, who blogs about themselves? I mean, what do you take me for anyway?

Last night Jodie put on a nice dinner and had my family come over - it rocked. I'm a sucker for social gatherings, especially when they involve lasagna, my house, good conversation, and people I like. Thanks, Jo! You rock. I'll post a picture of my birthday cake. It was the best ever. Jodie covered it in green coconut - and fashioned a lawnmower out of TWO snickers bars. It was a sight to see - in all of its mowery gooey deliciousness.

Just when I thought that all the birthday festivities were over... I came into work. I was a little confused because THIS was on the door:



"That's CRAZY. Who would put this on the do... wait! wha?! is that MY face? What the..." Then I proceed to my desk and realize that the entire office is plastered with Mike Memorabilia from days gone past- I'm having a hard time remembering all of these events, but they have the photographic PROOF. How DID they get these pictures of me?







And then the birthday wishing monkey...

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Who is responsible for those nuggets of goodness that must be turned into a book for posterity? Who, I ask you, who?! Because I'd like to shake their hand. I would.

Alex said...

I was once told by someone that you would be foolish to think that you could escape the BIRTHDAY WISH MONKEY!!

Unknown said...

Jodie is so sweet. I can't wait to see the pictures of the cake.
And talk about a cool office! I LOVE the pictures. They're aweseome. And as you said you must have done all those things because they have the pictures to prove it. Happy birthday!

Zack said...

All I can figure is that you've surrounded yourself with creative geniuses (I mean geniai) who think you are awesome. That's what any intelligent person would do, right?

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday!! I wished we would have known before Fri. I would have for sure made you a cake. Not sure I would of completed with the green cocunut briliance, but still!! Happy Birthday!!!

Melbell said...

A big happy birthday - I think we should wallpaper the office with your poster's of greatness! Every Monday can be "Mike" day! And Zach is right - we think yer awesome!