Thursday, September 3, 2009

Park It Up

The other day we decided to pack up dinner and head off to the park. It was awesome. I love this park. I'd tell you which one it is, but then you just might tell others and then it would get crowded and I'd be forced to get a park of my own.

This park has a covered eating area, lighting, plenty of grass, trees (and tables under the trees, if you are so inclined), flushing toilets, running water, soap, and a little device that sprays a welcoming scent of freshness upon opening the restroom door. It's a treat to behold!

All of those amenities are all well and good - but it isn't the best part about the park. The best part about it is..... you ready? The rubber. Oh ya, baby! You see, I'm tired of all the sand that gets in my shoes - and all the wood slivers, er, I mean, wood chips that never seem to fit the bill. This park has one big rubber chip mat to run on. It doesn't chip off, break, get in your shoes or socks, and it's perfect for gripping those tight corners when you're playing "chase daddy around the park." We love it. This is one of daddy's favorite climbing towers that he thought he could use to get away from being tagged. Kalli proved him wrong.



5 comments:

Jenn said...

That is smart- no dinner clean-up!! I loved the wood slivers instead of wood chips. Cute picture!!!

Carrie said...

You'll tell me where the park is someday, right?

Christy said...

That is really mean to brag about this awesome place and not share it with us other parents!! And to think I used to think so highly of you....

Unknown said...

Hey that's not fair to talk about such a great park and keep it to yourself. Wait, who am I kidding? I would do the same thing.

Rob said...

Is the park a boy or a girl?