Friday, October 16, 2009

Time To Catch Up

What? A new post?! Could it be? Oh yes, my friend. It Be-ith.

Its been a crazy month - Not sure what to write about, but I figured that there'd be an all-out mutiny if I didn't put SOMEthing up. So... here's some tasty pics we've taken in the last couple weeks...


We'll start off this ensemble of visual pleasantries with... Ryan (and what looks half of President Uchdorf's head). Jodie just asked Ryan where his belly button is :-) He's a searchin'


He found it! Oh, the joy of success!


Our little Megaroo is getting bigger and bigger every time I turn around. A couple weeks ago she read her first book. And you know what THAT means.... her own library card! Woot woot! She is SO big. She's our "sounder" - meaning she's a pro at sounding out words and spelling them. Kalli even asks her for help sometimes. For example:

Kalli: "how do you spell grandma?"
Meg: "It starts with g-g-g-g-g-g G"
Kalli: Then?
Meg: "r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r a-a-a-a-a-a A!"

I love it.



One thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the cold weather. I know I know, we can still go outside to play, but it's just not the same. I'm a Spring/Fall kinda guy - Here's why:


5 comments:

Alex said...

A-DOR-able!
If you were in So-Cal, you'd be looking forward to winter all year long. It's the only fall/spring-like weather we get...

Unknown said...

First off, what the heck are you feeding your kids to get them reading so early? First Kali and now Meg? And I love the update about Ryan. How cute!

Melbell said...

Congrats Meggie! We "heart" the library!

Carrie said...

Awe. Some.
Love the library card tradition. I'm so glad Meggie can sound out words! She's going to be a stellar speller. :)

Jenn said...

Yea- I want to know what you are feeding them, too!! Grace knows the sounds, but does not sound things out. Very impressive!!!