Friday, April 18, 2008

Voodoo.... Whoodoo?

So, yesterday I broke down and decided to visit the local witch/voodoo doctor. Some people call them "chiropractors." I've never seen one of these people in their 'element' so I thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe it'd be like Animal Planet. Besides, that's what you do when you hit your "out of pocket maximum" and really really want an x-ray of your spinal column, right? Right?!

Well, about 6 x-rays later and a couple visits, I'm well entrenched into their 'pay a co-pay everytime we say "hello" ' scheme. I can see where this is going already. I'm trying to convince Jodie to get an in-house massage therapist, but she hasn't gone for it yet. Just trying to be economical. I'll keep you posted.

So we had a nice visit this morning in front of the x-ray thing that holds up the x-ray things. Those things are nice and bright, but not too bright. Fascinating stuff, really. Anyway, this is where the gibberish began. I was told that my 아이들이 친구 사촌 개 had an 작업 and that it would take lots of $$내 영혼을 in order for it to be fixed. Or something like that. I think I understood that last part a little better than the first bit. Apparently the bones in my neck aren't supposed to look like an "S." Who knew?! I thought S's were stylish. WAY better than a lame C shape like other boring peeps.

So, we're going to give this guy a shot and see where the chips fall, or at least where the vertebrae lie. Is that how you spell that? Crazy.

4 comments:

Melbell said...

You'll have to let me know how it goes - I grew up thinking that Chiropractors were a scam too...now in my old age - might not be such a bad idea? Oh by they way, "S"s are cool..hope you feel like new soon!!

ZaCarrie said...

Let's hope that crazy wizard can work his voodoo magic on your non-conformist spine.

Doug - The JeepCruzer said...

Had I been in Vietnam in 1972 and therefore been in a position to have "Nam" flashbacks, I would say that the memories your spine problems are bringing up are as terrifying as "Nam" flashbacks. CHARLIE, CHARLIE EVERYWHERE! [shudder] Whew, that was freaky. BTW, you hide your pain well my friend. Why don't you just go to a hospital and suffer openly so we don't have to be sneaky about our sympathy - huh tough guy?!

Unknown said...

Tell Jodie I second the idea of getting a massage therapist in your house. But this is your warning, I'll be coming around a lot more if you do.