Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where'd They Go?

The other morning I woke up and couldn't find anything in the kitchen. Were Kalli and Meg up to their tricks again? Did they decide that their plastic kitchen stuff wasn't cutting it anymore? Sure seemed like it. Bowls, forks, plates, spoons, cups - "it all gone," as they would say in Singapore.

















This is right where they all go - right on that cloth!

I swear I put em on the counter. That's where they ALWAYS are! If it ain't in the drawer, they be on the counter. And if they ain't on the counter - then Kal and Meg have commandeered them for a good pupose, I'm sure.
















There's that empty cloth again.

Then I remembered.....
That's RIGHT! It only took us 6 years of marriage - but we got ourselves a DISHWASHER! The sippy cups were even cleaned to Megan's approval. (did you all catch Kalli's outfit? LOVE... IT)

9 comments:

ZaCarrie said...

NOW I understand Kalli and Meg's excitment when they saw the dishwasher at our house. I just thought, they're right, those things ARE SO COOL. I should have paid more attention....
Congratulations!

ZaCarrie said...

Oh yeah, and I do LOVE Kalli's outfit. I can't wait to see what kind of agreements you guys have to come up with when she wants to dress like that for pre-school.

Jenn said...

Love it!!!! Congrats Jody on finally getting a dishwasher!!! You definately deserve it!

Unknown said...

It took you 6 years to get a dishwasher and 3 months to update your blog. Man you guys are movers!I'm so happy for Jodie, your wife is a saint. I don't even want to think about how cranky I would be if I had to do the dishes for a week, let alone 6 years. Congrats!

Zack said...

Forget the awesome dishwasher.
Forget the AWEsome outfit.
The important lesson to learn from this blog, is that you can complain all you want in comments about how long it has taken someone to update their blog, but it is much more effective to complain in person.
squeak...squeak...squeak...

Zack said...

But seriously, I'm glad you guys got a dishwasher. And only 6 years? Can you share your secret for getting it done so fast? My Mom STILL doesn't have a dishwasher. She going on something like 30 years or more without one.

Traci Gunn said...

Hey Mikey I can't believe I found you on here. How are you? It has been forever!!! Your kids are very cute. I just wanted to say hi. Hey and if it makes you feel better I am horrible about updating my blog site too!! Talk to you soon.

Traci (Mitchell) Gunn

Hayley Winslow said...

Shmikey- nice 3 months of vacation there. I know, blogging can be so very exhausting! Nice to know about the step up in the world. We didn't have a dishwasher for about 5 months of our marriage, then we bought a used one. We couldn't take it. I think Jodie is a trooper, though I would hope you are the dishwasher in the fam. Either way you both deserve it.

Melbell said...

Congrats congrats congrats...I will send a spankin new box of cascade your way :0)