Friday, May 15, 2009

Paki

A long time ago, in a land not so far away from my current home (my parents house), Kalli and her cousin Paige came up with a recipe called Paki (pronounced: Pah'Kie). The gist of the recipe was: Eggs, Broccoli, Water, and other stuff. Well, I don't know if it was subliminal or not, but Jodie and I have since started to make "Vegetable Eggs" in the morning. We don't make it all the time - in fact we haven't made it in a while. Essentially you take a bunch of vegetables, boil them in shallow water, and then add eggs when all of the water is gone. I couldn't stand the thought of just eating vegetables and eggs for breakfast, so I decided to add a bunch of ham and cheese to mine (it seems to help - a lot). We fixed it this morning, because its become one of Megans favorites.




All in all, I'd have to say I'm quite pleased. Now to figure out how to get Kalli to eat her own recipe...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That is too cute!! I love the picture of Meg!!!

Carrie said...

So you're telling me that you get your kids to eat vegetables for breakfast. Wow. All I can say is Wow.

Melbell said...

Cute story! And I would imagine that is Jody's homemade wheat bread....yum!