Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yum

A little while ago I was searching through AllRecipes.com - looking for a new twist on the classic pancake breakfast. We don't eat pancakes that often at our house - and I figured that wasn't because we weren't pancake people, we were just tired of the recipe we had (where did that come from, anyway?). I found this most delicious Oatmeal Pancake recipe. Did I mention that it's most delicious? Cuz it is. And the best part? It's easy. It uses stuff you most likely have in your cupboard anyway. I hate those recipes that sound so good - then you read through the list and feel like you have to take a foreign language class just to pronounce half the ingredients. This ain't one of em.



1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 Cup oatmeal (grind it up in the blender till it's a powder - like flour)
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (it calls for white sugar. Brown is better)
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Cup Milk (it calls for buttermilk, but who has that? I guess you could always make your own with vinegar - but I'm too lazy for that - plus regular milk does the job nicely)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
4 Tbs vegetable oil (I sometimes just put a tiny bit in - or leave it out - up to you)
2 Eggs


That's it. It's going to seem really runny. Trust me. Reeeeally runny. Just let the baking soda do it's work on the griddle and you won't be dissapointed. Don't try it without the baking soda. That stuff really works.

I can't believe I just blogged about a recipe. I feel like I need to put a loud muffler on my car, burp, go hunting for something and eat its liver, and watch football.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

I'll have to compare that with our waffle recipe - its super good - no more box-stuff for us. Dude, we should totally swap recipes! We could blog all about them and people could tell us how good they are - we'd be famous! ... Uh... on second thought, thats probably not something I want to be famous for... Football at my place?!!

Jas and Kim said...

I love that you post about recipes. Besides, the last line about you needing to burp, hunt...etc...etc sounds an awful lot like someone I know...I'm just saying. :)

Jenn said...

Don't feel bad, everyone needs to eat, so of course you are still manly if you post recipes!! Thanks for sharing!!

Carrie said...

I don't know. You're manly if you eat. If you post recipes.....
Well, if the recipe is good then you are justified for posting it.

Unknown said...

Funny! I love that you posted a recipe. Good thing you're married to someone nice like Jodie. If it were my husband I might tease him about it, just to make him blush.

Melbell said...

Aaron and Mike swapping recipies?? I LIKE IT! (your wives are awesome cooks!)Thanks for the great recipe Mikey!