Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm In Love

I have a new favorite gun. Too bad it isn't mine.

You see, I went shooting - for the first time in about a decade. I decided that as a reward for graduating I'd get my first rifle; so I bought my friend's .223. It's a "varmint" rifle. People call it that because it's a popular rifle to go bunny smokin' - or coyote smokin'. Me? I use it for target practice, so far. My buddy and I went up to the range here in Bountiful. He's the complete opposite of me, and when I say that, I mean... he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to guns and hunting.

We put up our targets at 100 yards and headed back for some good old fashion paper smokin. I put 12 or so rounds through my .223 until it was time to go home. The first few shots were nice, and then it kind of went downhill from there. I couldn't get the scope to focus for me - either that or my contacts are junk. Probably the latter. Well, see for yourself:






Before we went home, John let me put 3 rounds through his 7MM-08. I'm in love.





Now I just need to repeat this over, and over, and ov........

1 comment:

Melbell said...

Matt went last week - he smiled for days :) I hope Santa reads blogs............................